Marketing and Advertising | Greater New York City Area, US
Aanarav Sareen is the president and co-founder of PaLaCart, the world’s first universal shopping cart. Prior to starting PaLaCart, he was the lead creative technologist at Wunderman, a WPP company and the world's largest digital agency with revenues exceeding $1 billion. At Wunderman, he built, managed and provided leadership across creative, technology and strategic business units. He was responsible for managing all interactive media projects for clients including The Coca Cola Company, Nokia, Levi's, Dell and United Airlines.
Aanarav is the author of 2 best-selling books and one of the world's leading experts in interactive media. He is a frequent technology author and analyst and has been featured on ABC News, NBC News, Al Jazeera English and the Wall Street Journal. He is a frequent contributor to The Huffington Post.
Aanarav is an advanced media member of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, the organization that bestows the coveted Emmy® Awards.
2012 - Present
President / Palacart
Co-founder. Responsible for all day-to-day operations, including product, financing and marketing.
2003 - Present
Chief Strategist / AS Productions LLC
Strategic consulting firm helping clients in the entertainment space build and execute digital strategies.
Clients include: ABC, Adobe Systems, CNN, Time Warner, Warner Music, Microsoft, Disney, DirecTV, EA and Fox Sports.
Creative Technologist / Wunderman
Build, manage and provide strategic leadership for in-house digital team and agency partners across creative, technology and business units. Responsible for agency-wide interactive deliverables. Success includes:
- Manage interactive projects and teams across the agency for top-tier clients, including Citi, Coca Cola, Levi’s, United Airlines, Land Rover, Abbott and Nokia. - Oversaw global campaign effort for Levi’s. Managed creative, production and technology teams for 30+ country launch including global websites and cohesive platforms. - Responsible for managing the launch of Nokia’s flagship device – Lumia 900. Partnered with Microsoft and other agencies to coordinate live event, web and digital campaigns. - Restructured interactive team to be more autonomous by hiring interactive producers and technology teams.
Digital Producer / R/GA
Award-winning creative for digital, mobile, retail, out-of-home experiences, complex technology development and marketing solutions.
- Managed complex digital campaigns for one of the largest retailers in the world. - Oversaw innovation and ideas for next-generation solutions for clients. - Managed end-to-end production cycles, including creative, analytics and technology to ensure on-time delivery, client satisfaction and budgets.
Sr. Digital Producer / Wunderman
- Produced interactive Land Rover iPad ad for iPad only newspaper “The Daily.” One of four global brands invited to participate in the new venture. - Launch innovative welcome program for new Land Rover and Range Rover owners, which bridged direct mail with digital and mobile offerings. - Co-ordinated with external partners to develop and launch interactive Land Rover mobile app for iOS and Android devices. - Oversee development of innovative Land Rover CMS tool for Land Rover and Range Rover events. - Execute multi-million dollar launch campaign for Nokia Astound in the United States across multiple platforms. - Work closely with strategy, social media and account teams to ensure consistent brand experience across traditional and digital channels.
With 50+ years of experience, 130+ offices in 55+ countries and 15 specialized companies, Wunderman stands as the first name in advertising that delivers customer conversations that build brands and generate sales.
Wunderman, part of Young & Rubicam Brands, is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY).
Executive Producer / Magnet Media
- Oversee content production.
- Work closely with Fortune 100 clients, including Adobe Systems, Microsoft Corporation, and Apple Inc.
- Review various multi-platform distribution options for global visibility.
- Streamline production and delivery workflows for multiple platforms.
- Develop and deploy media production guidelines.
Broadcast Designer, HD Advisor / CNN
- Assisted with design & creation of broadcast elements for CNN and CNN Headline primetime shows, including Anderson Cooper 360, Nancy Grace, Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs Tonight. - Determined business and strategic requirements for managing large amounts of digital media. - Researched and implemented a Digital Asset Management system for cataloging digital images, videos and other related files, with specific focus on content discover-ability and workflow efficiency.
Broadcast Operations / ABC News
- Played key role in establishing ABCNews.com as a leading destination for technology reviews, supplementing expensive licensed content with original content. - Worked closely with the director of news production to hire and train digital reporters for the 2008 Presidential Campaign.
State University of New York at Binghamton
Bachelors of Science